What is Family Constellations?
“Family Constellation Therapy is a unique and holistic approach that recognizes the intricate web of connections within a family system. Like threads weaving through a tapestry, each family member contributes to the overall pattern, and disruptions in this pattern can impact the well-being of individuals.”
“Family Constellation is a powerful method to help us recognize and dissolve unhealthy entanglements within our family system that sometimes involve several generations.”
“It is an alternative therapy that treats family and individual problems and helps to identify and heal unresolved traumas.”
Healing Transgenerational Trauma
Epigenetic research revealed that the protein sheath that wraps around each person’s DNA holds the scars of the traumas our families have lived through.
Another way trauma is passed from generation to generation is through the bodies of our mother and grandmother. Because our initial cells were forming in our mother’s womb when she was a prenatal infant inside our grandmother’s womb.
Who created Family Constellation?
It was developed by German psychotherapist Bert Hellinger. In his early adulthood, Bert was a Catholic priest who lived with the Zulu in South Africa. There, he learned to align with the forces of nature. Bert was later trained in group dynamics by Anglican clergy, which brought his attention to dialog, phenomenology, and the individual human experience.
How do you feel after a Family Constellation?
The benefits can feel so profound and healing. Many people report feeling relieved and free.
As they bring more awareness and greater understanding of their family dynamics, they are able to start making more mindful and positive changes in their own lives.
Benefits of Family Constellation Therapy
- Gaining insight into family dynamics and relationships.
- Healing old wounds.
- Creating new possibilities for healthier relationships.
- Exploring family history in order to understand patterns or behaviors within the family.
- Bringing awareness to unspoken or hidden issues.
- Releasing shame, blame, and guilt.
- Working through grief and loss.
- Experiencing forgiveness.
- Increasing self-awareness and understanding.
- Opening up communication within the family.
- Creating a new sense of belonging and connection within the family.
Uses for Family Constellation Therapy
This type of therapy can address various physical, mental, social, and spiritual concerns.
- Substance use disorder
- Unhealthy habits
- Failures at work
- Negative relationship patterns
- Household dysfunction, including between a parent and child
- Past trauma
- Obsessive thoughts
- Physical illnesses
- Financial problems
- Excessive guilt
If you would like to know more or book a session, please send me a private message!